At Westende we aim to provide the highest quality of education for all our children, in an environment that is challenging, inclusive, nurturing and inspiring and where children can acquire the skills and knowledge appropriate to their individual needs through the delivery of a creative curriculum.
Our children experience a range of learning experiences which means they are independent and active learners. They are equipped with the confidence to question while being taught to be respectful of different cultures and beliefs. They learn how to be safe through a variety of different learning experiences. We encourage our children to be global citizens, they learn how to respect the environment that they live in and look towards the future in order to protect it. We make sure our children embrace challenge with a positive mind set, they are taught to be curious, resilient and to persevere.
Our curriculum is enhanced through many different experiences such as:
- Our partnership with the Voice 21 to promote an oracy rich learning environment
- Inter-house competitions to celebrate talent in art, poetry recital, sport and music
- Our commitment to ensuring children have a positive growth mind-set from the time they join us
- Our desire to make children active and independent learners and to take responsibility for their school by taking on monitor and school council roles
- Our dedication to the wider community to ensure our children are thoughtful citizens who can interact with a range of people
- Hands on learning
- School trips and visitors to the school
- Using the outside environment
- A variety of extra-curricular clubs.
Please click on the links below to see details of the curriculum at Westende Junior School